Sunday, February 7, 2010

Back to work.

I know, we really need to update our blog title picture, since Max has been a part of us for over 10 months now! I'll get on that...

I have certainly been "getting on" other things, though, as a by-product of my participation in a seminar called The Landmark Forum the last weekend in January. Jeff took the Forum almost a year ago and I initially took it just to be able to speak the same language as Jeff, but in the end I think it was a very positive experience. As I said in my last blog, I have been humming-and-hawing about whether I should go back to work part-time. So, on Monday I started to actually look into it, i.e. day-care and a job, and by Friday I had both figured out! Long story short, I will work 2 days a week at my former office, VIA Architecture, while Callum and Max go to Family Child Care 2 blocks away, starting in mid-March. Everything happened a lot faster than I thought it would, but it all just fell into place and I guess that is a good thing... right?

In the meantime, Jeff and I are engulfed in bathroom fixtures, toilets and shower layouts for Kim and Sven's place, then onto finalizing lighting and the kitchen. I suppose we really have a lot of work to do before
we go on our little holiday during first week of March and before the I start my job!

Callum finished Sea Turtle level of his swim lessons and will move into Salamander this week - it was pretty amazing to see the quick progress in his skills, like holding his head under water, diving and kicking and doing the star-fish float. Then in gymnastics, he is still a little shy for the first few minutes, but he gets right in there and I watch him as he waits his turn on the trampoline, lets the coach spot him on the bars or beam, and has little conversations with other kids that I can't hear. He's really amazing actually.

Max continues to crawl around at light speed and tends to like hanging on to my pant legs a lot. He is happiest when we go outside, though, especially when Callum pushes him in the stroller and crashes into me. He makes me laugh.




1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the job and the daycare! 2 blocks away is super awesome! And you're kids are both hams. Dex and I absolutely love them!

    ReplyDelete