Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Aspects of November Life

I forgot to post about Halloween! Months ago, Callum randomly decided he wanted to be Boba Fett (and if I have to tell you that Boba Fett is a bounty hunter from Star Wars, you obviously don't have any 3 year old boys in your life), but I told him it was too hard to find the costume (or too expensive!), so he happily settled for a Clone Trooper. I have to admit that I didn't even think about a costume for Max. Next year.

Although Max puts a strain on my abilities to control my emotions, he can be very entertaining. He has a bit of a shoe fetish, though not his own shoes. We find Max in this type of get-up quite frequently:

The basement Suite we are renting doesn't have a bathtub, so Callum and Max get to play in the shower. It isn't particularly water-efficient, but they actually have fun in there.

Jeff and I now have this recurring problem - every night, at least one of us falls asleep as we put the boys to bed. It makes it difficult to talk to or even see each other when we're konked before 9pm - we're just so tired all the time these days!

I mentioned we visited Kim and Sven's place on the coast. Here are some pics (and Callum decided to be Mr.Funny Man the whole time):





Ever since September, when I told him it's too cold to go to the beach, Callum has been hoping for snow. When we got it last week, he was so excited! We were all dressed up in our snow gear and went out to play before breakfast.



Max spent most of the time in this position, as the snow came up to his thighs and couldn't walk very well on his own:

Callum, on the other hand, was in winter wonderland heaven:

When we finally came in for breakfast, it was hot chocolate, pancakes, and some screening of the Toys'RUs catalog:



After a couple days, it warmed up enough for the snow to get sticky so we could build a Snowman. Callum decided to call him Connor (don't ask me why).



We have decided that Christmas this year isn't going to be hectic. Let's see how well that pans out. Jeff says we should have all the new exterior framing, all the plumbing, electrical work done before Christmas.... Ha ha ha ha ha... Oh, I mean, Ho ho ho ho...

No comments:

Post a Comment