Monday, May 4, 2009

Shades of Normalcy


5 weeks old, now, and I think life is returning to as-close-to normal as it can, (other than our sleep patterns). Callum and I are back to going to the beach, the park and playdates, though with Max in tow, and Jeff is back to work, (well, sort of). As opposed to Callum at this age, Max actually lets me put him down, so things like showering, preparing dinner and attending to Callum are realities instead of memories.

Actually, because my sister Kami is applying for Saint-hood, Max and Callum stayed at her place for the night last Thursday, to play with her 4 boys and her friend's kids too (so she had 8 kids, 7 of which were boys! I know, she's insane, but to my advantage, at least!). Anyway, the next day we visited my parents. Jeff and my Dad went out on their road bikes together... only to end up with my Dad in the hospital with a broken hip, crushed knuckle and scratched up from ankle to eyebrow! In the past, my Dad has ended up in the hospital after a day of skiing with Jeff, so I am beginning to think that maybe letting the 2 of them take my 2 boys on a hike a couple weeks ago wasn't such a great idea! Yikes.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that things are getting back to normal for you! We can totally relate. I am so amazed at how much easier it has been going from one to two than from none to one. Hopefully sleep won't be far behind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a relief that little Max is such a calm baby! I am praying I will have the same luck with my next one as well...not that I'll find out anytime soon ;) Sorry to hear about your Dad--talk about bad luck,ouch! I hope he has a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete