Friday, January 24, 2014

Blogging for 5 years!

It's my blogging anniversary!  Huh. I just happen to look up my first blog post, (as I'm standing outside in front of our house while Simon plays with his scooter/skateboard/bike because it is so sunny and 9 degrees on this 25th of January!)  and it's been 5 years. I'm so glad I did it, as I have such a terrible memory! Besides,Motherhood has a rather unpleasant side effect of a consistent sense of unproductivity and disappointment in my skills or abilities to feel valued. Usually I am torn between feeling guilty or too complacent: guilty about not doing enough fun things with my kids or yelling at them too much  and  complacent about providing opportunities that challenge my kids or teach them the value of work and gratitude. 

Blogging, I have found, (much like journal writing I suppose, but with pictures), tends to put things in perspective.  Although I have certainly blogged a complaint once or twice (or so!), I think things are pretty awesome. My little family is awesome and being a wife and a mom is, well, awesome. 



:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment